Tuesday, 2 October 2007

Things to bring for the exam

Please remember to bring the following items to the exam.

  • String: While string will be provided for you to tie your writing paper together, there might not be enough string for everyone, or the string provided might be too short for you to measure distances on the topographical map. So please bring your own string. I can recommend that you do what I did back when I was still in secondary school (not too long ago): I brought an entire spool of thread with me in my pencil case.

  • Ruler: It amazes me how many students can forget to bring something as essential as a ruler. If you don't have a ruler, how are you going to make sure that your lines are straight? And even more importantly, how are you going to measure distances?

  • Protractor: Without a protractor, you will definitely not be able to measure bearing for your mapwork.

  • Other stationery such as pens, pencils, correction fluid, erasers, etc. Borrowing from your neighbours will not be allowed during the examination.

I must also stress the importance of writing your answers in blue or black ink ONLY. Strictly NO funny colours like green, purple, pink or red will be accepted. Even bright blue is pushing the limit a little. I can promise all of you that if I see any answer scripts written in colours other than black or blue, your answer script goes straight into the trash. And even if I deign to be somewhat more merciful, I can still penalise you for not following instructions. I'm not sure how different things are from my time, but back in my time, any pupil who tried to be funny and submitted homework or test papers written in colours other than blue or black was seriously asking for trouble. =P

Besides that, happy studying, and good luck for the exams! =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What's wrong with bright blue.. I mean, it's still... I guess you're trying to say only DARK DULL COLOURS uhh? =D Do not knock my head if i fail.. wakakaka

DarrenLim said...

ty for ur advice maybe.....i will listen but for now i will study
my studying will last for dis few weeks
BELIEVE MI I RELLI GT STUDY!!!
btw the time u bring a whole ball of string was......i dunno wat to say.... anyway i will try ^^